Thursday 5 August 2010

ADVERT MADNESS

As I flicked through this months Vogue, I realised that two particular advertising campaigns made me stop and stare. This doesn't happen very often let me tell you (see Loewe, Burberry and Michael Kors for reasons why...) And so I decided they needed to be featured on here. In this economic climate, advertising is vital for those sales, and it needs to pack a punch.

The series of Dolce & Gabbana adverts featuring Madonna are both exciting, intriguing and individual. The concept is new and daring - begs the question of why Mr. D and Mr. G have never done it before! Ok, so I'm really not Madonna's biggest fan, but even I have to admit that she really works in this series of adverts, posing as the Italian bombshell in a traditional family. I enjoy the gritty realism of the images and the use of a variety of people which culminates in an effective family portrayal. In a way, Madonna does not automatically stand out as the star of the adverts. I am also a great fan of black and white images, as I'm sure you will grow to learn, so this aspect has a double thumbs up from me!




The Louis Vuitton adverts for the new season are just exquisite. Featuring Karen Elson, Natalia Vodianova and Christy Turlington, they cannot fail to impress. I just adore the composition, the subtle lighting and of course the beautiful garments. I think the models look somewhat like dolls; they just look perfect - perhaps too perfect? Well, it is Louis Vuitton so only the best will do. A classic, I feel.



No comments:

Post a Comment